Dr Dharmapal GK
Knee and Shoulder consultant
A well-known and vastly experienced, best orthopaedic surgeon, with expertise in management of shoulder and knee disorders ranging from sports injuries among young to arthritis in elderly.
After gaining proficiency with many years of training under best orthopaedic teachers, dedication and practice, today he is an expert and best knee and shoulder surgeon in the management of problems related to knee and shoulder in both non operative and operative ways, as deserved by the conditions.
He has obtained his
- MBBS degree from Bangalore Medical College in 1999
- D’Orth from Mysore Medical College in 2002
- Diplomate National Board New Delhi 2005
- Fellowship and training in joint replacements and arthroscopic surgeries from Switzerland in 2007.
- Diploma in Bone Banking from Singapore in 2008.
Worked as senior registrar with Dr K Srinivasan, Manipal Hospitals from October 2002 until January 2004, Asst Prof. Orthopaedics at MS Ramaiah medical college, Orthopaedic Consultant MS Ramaiah Memorial Hospital from June 2006 until December 2010.
Conceptualized Sun Orthopaedics in 2009, also currently associated as visiting consultant with Apollo Hospital – Seshadripuram, Columbia Asia Hospital – Yeshwanthpur, MS Ramaiah Memorial Hospital.
Dr Dharmapal performs joint replacement surgeries, ligament reconstructions, arthroscopic knee and shoulder procedures, complex fracture fixations routinely and keep delivering best results.
Dr Dharmapal has presented papers in conferences, delivered guest lectures and has been a faculty in several workshops.
List of Procedures Performed by Dr Dharmapal GK
- Knee ligament reconstructions
- Revision ligament reconstructions
- Cartilage repairs
- Meniscal repairs
- Autologous chondrocyte implantations
- Bone marrow stem cell procedures
- Osteotomies around the knee
- Joint fracture management – arthroscopic assisted
- Joint replacement surgeries – primary and revision
- Knee arthritis in young population – joint preservation
- Arthroscopic Rotator cuff repairs
- Sub acromial decompressions
- Arthroscopic shoulder stabilisation
- Latarjet procedures
- Frozen shoulder release
- Calcific tendinitis decompression
- Hemi arthroplasty
- Total shoulder replacement
- Reverse shoulder replacement
- AC joint repairs and reconstructions
- Fracture fixations around the shoulder